Join Our Team
Interested in joining our team? We're always looking for architecture and design talent.
2017 UPDATE: Although all our positions are currently filled, please see typical position descriptions. Check back on this site or on our Facebook page for any openings. General inquiries for internships are always welcome.
Please send your resume and related materials to firstname.lastname@example.org unless otherwise indicated.
The Project Architect at Barcelon Jang Architecture thrives in a fast-past environment working on a variety of projects with the firm’s diverse team. Candidates are expected to have broad-based experience in working with clients of multi-unit housing and high-rise Type I developments. Experience must include personnel supervision, construction document preparation and construction administration. The Project Architect must work independently as well as in a team environment managing projects and relationships with clients, owners, contractors, consultants, and staff managers, designers and interns, under the direction of the Principals.
This is a full-time, exempt, temporary position. Salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and capabilities.
- California-licensed Architect preferred
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture, preferably in the U.S.
- Experience with Construction Administration required
- Strong interest in affordable housing and modernization projects
- 7-10 years of professional experience managing two or more designers
- Knowledge of local ordinances, building codes, and ADA requirements
- Experience with sustainability in design
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD – knowledge of Sketchup, PhotoShop, and InDesign desirable
- Demonstrated experience working under tight deadline pressure
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong problem solving ability
- Detail oriented
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook
DESIGNER - INTERN
Barcelon Jang Architecture is committed to providing in-depth educational opportunities for young designers to participate in socially responsible architecture that meets the practical expectations of clients. The Designer handles multiple tasks on multiple projects within a cooperative project team, working under the direction of a Project Manager, Project Architect and/or Principal in Charge for design, concept development, construction documents, and project coordination. Daily responsibilities may include:
- Building Information Modeling (BIM) design using Revit and AutoCAD applications, creating construction document floor plans
- Graphic design using Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Project assistance, including setting up meetings and writing meeting minutes
- Site visits, field measurements and graphic documentation
- Project coordination with consultants, specification writer and contractors
- Assistance with obtaining project permits at the Building Department
- Request material samples and specifications from vendors
- Create presentation materials for clients or potential clients in response to requests for proposals
- Track, file, and maintain incoming and outgoing Requests for Information (RFI) and submittals. Coordinate with engineers and consultants
- Review of Building Codes and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements to ensure that projects meet their standards
- Orientation and support for new Designers
- Other duties to support projects in various stages of production
- Routine office duties such as answering phones and performing errands as needed
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related field from an accredited U.S.university (advanced educational degree desirable)
- Expertise in Revit and AutoCAD applications in a professional environment
- Knowledge of California Building Codes and ADA requirements
- Authorization to work in the U.S. for a minimum of one year
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat), and SketchUp
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, handling multiple projects, tasks and responsibilities
- Experience with meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving ability
- Effective communications skills, both verbal and written
- Positive work ethic and attitude
- Ability to work with diverse groups